Access Opportunity seeks a highly motivated person, passionate about education and philanthropy, to join our team in a full-time program support role. This is an exciting chance to influence the direction of a young nonprofit in the Denver Metro area.
OUR VISION AND MISSION
Our Vision is equity in opportunity for all students.
Our Mission is to create opportunities for high-potential, low-income students to define their individual path through high school, college and career, ultimately benefiting the lives of others. We do this by supporting the most talented low-income students who have power to make great impact, focusing on their individual needs and career dreams.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Program Manager and includes:
Direct Student Services
• Model and Promote Access Opportunity values and culture with students; empower them to develop their individual paths through high school, college and the start of their career
• Ensure the delivery of high quality, consistent services within our program – through group & individual staff meetings, reports, and other feedback
• Serve as Primary Counselor for group of students
• Follow Access Opportunity curriculum and maintain timely and regular contact with students, including helping students and our program meet benchmarks
• Conduct regular assessments on students
• Refer students to outside contacts and resources as needed
• Meet regularly with Program Manager to set and assess goals; communicate proactively and regularly with manager
• With program team, deliver workshops and other student programming
• With Program Manager, oversee the student recruitment and selection process including developing recruitment presentations, communications with high school partners, refining our application system and interview rubrics, managing selection, and communicating with relevant volunteers
• Track student progress through program and provide regular reports on student metrics
• Administer our student relationship management systems
• Administer systems for students including application system, communications platforms, student
tracking systems, and other student systems
• Serve as primary liaison with students on general student communications
• Research and stay on top of best practices in our industry
• Provide support with development activities such as Raise a Class and other campaigns
• Assist with general office administration including logistics for workshops, ordering supplies, and other duties as needed
• Assist with managing interns and volunteers for our program
• Bachelor's degree and work authorization
• Demonstrated commitment to Access Opportunity’s vision and mission
• Being open to professional feedback and growth (both delivering and receiving)
• Experience working directly with students in some capacity and proven track record of excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to rally teams behind goals
• Highly organized with proven attention to detail and time management
• This position provides direct services to under-resourced students and families. To build strong, working relationships, we ask for the ability to make a minimum of a two-year commitment
• Ability to drive own car for travel within Denver Metro area to meet students. The position will require about 10% of time each week to be spent traveling to meet with students and other constituents
• While hours are generally 9am-5pm M-F, the position also requires occasional evenings and weekends to meet the needs of our students and organization
• Experience working with under-resourced populations and any bilingual language skills are a huge plus (please let us know if you have bilingual language skills)
• Strong experience with common office software programs and systems; CRM/database management is a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes benefits such as health insurance, paid time off and mileage reimbursement. The position will remain open until filled.
Please send to Caroline Foley (email@example.com) your:
• Cover letter
• 3 professional references
• Short answer responses
PROGRAM COORDINATOR SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
Please answer the following questions in 500 words or less. Send in this form, along with your resume, cover
letter, and 3 professional references to Caroline Foley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Our vision is equity in opportunity for all students. Please discuss your understanding of, and
experience in, equity work.
2. Access Opportunity holds 3 values: Inspire, Achieve and Connect. What this means is that we seek
both students and staff members who are open to growth and feedback in all three areas. We define
the ability to:
a. Inspire as the ability make a positive impact on your community or environment
b. Achieve as the ability to measurably succeed in your projects and endeavors
c. Connect as the ability to create meaningful relationships
Please describe how you have demonstrated these values in a past experience.
3. Are you able to commit to a minimum of 2 years to Access Opportunity’s students?